Monday, June 29, 2015

The Weekday Woes: Starting Your Week on the Right Foot

Image courtesy of Google Images
Happy Monday!! 
It's the start of another week, and soon the start of a new month. What are some things you are doing in order to start off on the right note? I will be finishing up the majority of my summer classes in the next couple weeks and so getting my organization down to a science is one of the top things on my to do list. Below are some tips for starting your week/month off on the right foot! 

Tidy up that Inbox
Somewhere, I was told that highly functioning individuals have 12 or less emails in their main inbox. So there's somewhere that I like to start on Monday mornings. It's also a good spot to start if you're like me and you like to ignore your emails all weekend, meanwhile Spotify, Express, Victoria's Secret and Groupon have overflowed your inbox with countless hours of things you should not be tempting yourself with. Don't worry, you're not alone. Unsubscribing also doesn't work for me, they never end.

Make Your Bed!
The real way. I'm talking decorative pillows and a throw, and making it really look like a hotel bed. At the end of your day, you're gonna love crawling in to snuggle under those freshly made sheets. For some reason, it is much more satisfying. 

Sort the Laundry
This is something where I should really practice what I preach... When I was growing up my parents were pretty good about having three laundry baskets, one for colors, one for whites and one for towels. Simple system, made doing laundry a snag easier. Also, it kept the laundry up off the floor and even it was dirty, it had its place and could be dealt with accordingly in due time. Boom. 

Make a to-do list 
I have a note pad that stays open on my desktop, but occasionally I will make a physical post it note list of tasks to complete by the end of the day. I make sure that at any one time my to do list doesn't have more than 5 incomplete tasks on it. You can always add to it after you tackle a couple of things. This also gives you a tangible and realistic set of things to tackle throughout the day, therefore increasing your feelings of productivity. Plus, it feels nice to cross things off. 

Make a commitment to eat more fruit and veggies
I tell you what, there is something about summer that makes me crave fruit and veggies (mostly strawberries, pineapple and sweet corn). It's almost constant. For starters, it's so good for your body.  It is feel-good-food, and is actually more satisfying than a snickers bar (especially on a hot day). Not only does it actually fuel your body, citrus fruit aromas actually enhance your mood and make you feel more energized. I used a face wash in the mornings for a long time that had citrus infusions that were intended to wake you up and get you going. 

Clean out your [bag]
Your wallet, your purse, backpack, tote has likely been collecting things over the last month[s] that are no longer needed or necessary to stay in that spot. A great way to start off the new month organized is by cleaning out the old things that you no longer need. Everything should have it's place: either in the trash, in a file, or stored wherever is appropriate. It is a really refreshing feeling opening your bag and seeing that it is nice and organized. You will also be able to find things more easily without having to dig around gum wrappers, junk mail, and phone charger cords... 
or maybe that's just me!


If you have not had a chance to check out the 30 day Challenge make sure to take a peek here :

There has been a really great response of people participating and spreading awareness about the topic. This challenge is for anyone, regardless of whether or not mental illness plays a role in your life. It is all about promoting a positive sense of self! Make sure to follow @ThePsychologySpot on Instagram so I can follow along and see your posts with the hashtag #PsychSpotChallenge 

Hope you all are having a great start to your Monday! Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment